Saturday, July 10, 2010
I have to say this week has been amazingly busy and I've had to give blogging a back seat, so imagine the thrill when I did check things out and discovered Tightwad had decided I was a blog of substance! Hey that's great. Thanks Tightwad I will wear my new blog bling with pride! Tightwad's catch cry is "A Girl's Guide to Living on Less" and I really recommend you go and say hello, I actually think Tightwad may have been the first blog I followed. Thanks again Tightwad!
To finalise the award I have to a) sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five words, and b) nominate ten new recipients who I feel have a 'blog with substance.' Now that's not easy to do on either count. Here goes:
a) Enthusiastic sharing of Australian bush.
b) Golly, only 10? I enjoy so many. OK let's try to nut it down. These are in Alphabetical order as they are all quite different. Of course, had Tightwad not been given this award already she would have been on this list.
1) Had to include A Beautiful Mess Alicia has helped me out, more than once, on technical issues and, as a new blogger, I really appreciated the support. Check out Alicia's Friday Flip-Offs guaranteed to bring tears to the eyes.
2) Deb's writing at Catbird Scout is simply beautiful and we share a love of wild things.
3) Anyone who doesn't visit Chez Aspie to join in the caption competition of her Wordless Wednesday is missing out on some fun. Lord knows where she finds the pictures. Also her new book "Without Alice" is just being launched.
4) The first blog to help bloggers that I found was Coffee Shop Bloggers. The girls who run this site scout out interesting blogging tips from elsewhere as well as including their own thoughts.
5) I've become a bit addicted to Friday Flip-Offs. Missed this week and feeling the additional stress I've bought into my weekend. Gotta include Kludgy Mom who started that tradition. Some fabulous recipes here too!
6) There should be a very special award for Bernie at Old? Who? Me?. I hope I'm still blogging at 84. Bernie you are an inspiration!
7) As a fellow lover of all things Australian Jenni from Prairie Air has to be listed here. I'll never forget the Vegemite photos!
8) I hope everyone has signed up at The Bloggers Concierge. Guest posts, A listers, insider tips. Another place to gain ground in the blogosphere.
9) Everyone knows I'm about things that save our environment so Von at The Good Life had to be included, but wait, there are also very interesting links and photos in this blog even for those not so environmentally inclined.
10) Last, but definitely not least, go and treat yourself to some time with Maddie at The World From My Window. Maddie's tales of England's rural underbelly are very often hysterically funny. Maddie has great character names and her village is truly enchanting!
So that's it from me. Please go and take a peek at these blogs and to those bloggers I have passed the award on to, enjoy the opportunity to mull over the blogs you follow and work out who to pass this award on to.