A Beautiful Mess who came upon it via its originator Gigi at Kludgy Mom. (Thanks to both, please go and say hello to them). The basic concept is to rid yourself of the irritations of the week, so you can relax and enjoy your weekend.
At the same time, it's a blog hop, so join in and go and visit others and see what they are flipping off. So organise your post, add the code below, put in your blog post code here and away you go.
So what has burned me this week?
1) The oil is still gushing out at some 840,000 gallons a day. So my Oil Spill Counter was reading 38,917,350 when I just checked it and if you click on the link I'm sure you'll be amazed at how much it's gone up. So to the executives of BP, may I join with a fellow blogger who suggested your bodies should be added to the pipe to stop the leak, flip-off!
2) So as if it isn't bad enough that BP is polluting the Gulf, this week I heard about Canada's tar sands in their Boreal forests. BP is planning major expansions there to extract what is known as dirty oil. It's costing too much of the earth and is causing health issues to humans as well as the destruction of forests. Never heard of it? Here's a site that has some straightforward information about it. Boreal Birdsong Initiative. Sort out the Gulf BP and as you now like to call yourself "Beyond Petroleum" lets see you doing just that and leaving Alberta alone. So double flip-off to BP this week.
3) Closer to home a flip-off to the person preaching ethics from behind a false name. Doesn't seem very ethical to do that to me.
4) To my techno-midget brain that still isn't able to get the great flip-off badge from Kludgy Mom to work - flip-off and get with it!
5) A flip-off to my insurance company who had somehow lost my claim through a crack in their system. Maybe some rethinks when it comes to premium time guys!
So that's me, now you join in the fun!